Community ConnectionsSenior Events Calendar
Companions of Respected Elders (C.O.R.E.)
The purpose of C.O.R.E. is to provide an opportunity for students at WKU to deeply affect the lives of elderly individuals in the Bowling Green area. The student will do this by offering companionship, hope and a chance to positively impact the life of another person. Pre-professional, Health Care Administration, Nursing, Gerontology, Psychology and Social Work students in particular are encouraged to participate for the knowledge and experience they will gain. Students have the opportunity for one on one partnerships with residents at facilities, in addition to monthly visits as a group to Signature HealthCARE of Bowling Green.
C.O.R.E. is a student organization that is focused on pairing students with the elderly.
C.O.R.E.'s mission is to create a positive atmosphere where both individuals mutually benefit from the experience.
C.O.R.E. members will be required to commit at least one hour per week to visiting the elderly person that they are matched with.
Click here to check out a great article about C.O.R.E. in the WKU Herald!
- February 3rd: First Meeting of the Spring 2015 semester. Any interested students are welcome! Meet at 5:30pm in Tate Page Hall 247.
- February 10th: Visit to Signature HealthCARE of Bowling Green, meet at TPH 247 at 5:30 pm to carpool
- March 3rd: Meeting on campus with guest speaker, TPH 247 at 5:30 pm
- March 17th: Visit to Signature HealthCARE of Bowling Green, meet at TPH 247 at 5:30 pm to carpool
- March 31st: Meeting on campus with guest speaker, TPH 247 at 5:30 pm
- April 7th: Visit to Signature HealthCARE of Bowling Green, meet at TPH 247 at 5:30 pm to carpool
- April 21st: Visit to Signature HealthCARE of Bowling Green, meet at TPH 247 at 5:30 pm to carpool
- May 5th: End of semester celebration. Time and location TBD.
C.O.R.E. also participates in several other projects and events throughout the semester. Last semester C.O.R.E. participated in:
- CAN-DO FOOD DRIVE
- Project Affect
- Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Table Decorating Contest for Ombudsman Resident Conference. C.O.R.E. won first place!
For more information, contact:
|Hannah Ruggles, Presidentemail@example.com|
|Marybeth Hunt, Advisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Dana B. Bradley, Advisoremail@example.com|
Nursing facilities in Bowling Green, KY that C.O.R.E. currently visits:
Signature HealthCARE of Bowling Green, 550 High Street
Find us on Facebook:
"Companions of Respected Elders" accessed by joining WKU Groups with a WKU e-mail address www.facebook.com/groups/wkucore/
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,