Skip to main content
Western Kentucky University

Information specifically for transfer students

Welcome to Western Kentucky University!

We are thrilled that you have decided to be part of the WKU family!

The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) wants to help you have a successful transition into your classes, and we hope that the experiences you have at WKU will leave you with wonderful life-long memories. Below is information that should help you with your transition into WKU and the College of Health and Human Services. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the CHHS Academic Center for Excellence at 270-745-2338.


Send your transcripts

Students transferring from another accredited institution should request that an official transcript from each institution attended be mailed to the WKU Admissions Office, 1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1020.  If you have questions you can call (270)745-2751 (toll-free: 1-800-495-8463). To see how your classes transfer into WKU, you can run an iCAP. If you would like to review how your credits transfer into WKU, click here to view the WKU Transfer Credit Articulation page.


Register for Classes

To schedule an appointment with your advisor call your department. You can find a listing of department numbers at the WKU Directory.

  • Meet with your advisor to learn about the program, careers, and class suggestions.
  • Register online through TopNet:
  • Track your progress toward graduation by assessing iCAP.:
  • For CHHS advising information click Current Students on the left hand side of your screen.
  • To better understand how to use TopNet to register, click here to view our tutorial!


Reserve your Textbooks

  •  Log on to TopNet
  • Under Student Services, click on “Textbook Reservation” and follow the step-by-step directions. Textbook Reservation ends July 31 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.


Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships (apply or ask questions)

Questions concerning student financial aid, student employment, and scholarships can be answered by the Office of Student Financial Assistance (270)745-2755, or see the website at Student Financial Assistance or e-mail your questions to or


Arrange for Housing

On Campus Housing -- All freshmen and sophomores at WKU are required to live in a residence hall. If you need a housing application or have questions please call 270-745-4359, visit the Housing and Residence Life website or E-mail WKU does not at this time offer married student housing.

If you are joining WKU in the Fall semester, a transitional program is available, called Master Plan.

Off-Campus Housing -- For off-campus housing you can look online at:

 A concise guide to relocating to Bowling Green can be found on the city government’s website:

Or options are:



Purchase a Meal Plan

Dining Services has an assortment of meal plans available for students. All freshmen at WKU are required to buy a meal plan. Plans can be purchased on-line or phone (270) 745-2416.


Student ID

Get your student ID either before school starts or during the first week of classes by visiting the I.D. Center office on the first floor of the Downing University Center (room #126). Visit their website for more information.



Purchase a parking pass (on-line) before you arrive to campus or your first day at WKU. For more information about parking please visit Parking and Transportation's website


Review the Online Catalog and Student Handbook

Be sure to review the online catalog and read over the Student Handbook.


Learn about Campus

Campus tours are a great way to learn your way around campus. Tours leave every day during the academic year at 9:15 and 11:15 AM, and at 10 AM during the summer. Contact WKU's Office of Admissions for reservations at 270-745-2551 or take a virtual tour.


Get Involved

Make your Western experience rich and rewarding.

 * Visit the Student Activities and Organizations website

<* For information on CHHS student organizations:>

* Volunteer locally through the ALIVE Center.



 * WKU is the employer of choice for over 2,000 full & part-time jobs – visit the HR website to learn more.

* Or visit the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce website for local jobs.


Nontraditional Student Info

Non-traditional students face a unique set of challenges and can find help by calling (270)745-5065, or emailing Academic Advising or stopping by their office in DUC A330. Non-traditional student information can be found here.


Other Related Transfer Links

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/24/14