- NOW! - Faculty PD Program
- Fall 2015 - E&A Assessment
- Ongoing Faculty PD
- ENG 100/COMM 145
- ENG 300
- Connections Courses
- Online Resource Guide
- New Teaching Resources
- Calibrated Peer-Review
- Baseline Needs Assessment
- Annual SLO Assessment
- CCTST-N Instructions
A COMPREHENSIVE WRITING ACROSS THE DISCIPLINES CURRICULUM AT THE SOPHOMORE/JUNIOR
The Colonnade Program calls for WKU to build on the first-year writing and human communication experience with a sophomore/junior level Foundations course organized around a Writing In the Disciplines (WID) framework. The General Education Review Task Force that developed the Colonnade Program espoused the WID approach as a pedagogically-sound way to develop students' skills in written expression within the context of their disciplinary training and writing conventions.
E&A will operationalize this commitment, while strengthening the progressive development of students' evidence-gathering, sense-making, and argumentation skills. Specific initiatives are anticipated to include:
- Revising the ENG 300 curriculum to include a combination of mixed-majors sections and, for selected departments/colleges, single-discipline sections of ENG 300;
- Exploring development of selected ENG 300 sections that are linked with specific majors courses;
- Encouraging and supporting development of writing-intensive and writing-enriched courses in the majors;
- Aligning course goals and student artifacts with E&A student learning outcomes to facilitate authentic and reliable assessment; and
- Establishing appropriate targeted levels of student performance on assessments based on LEAP rubrics.
Want to be involved in this initiative? Send us an email.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,