2016 ZSEIFS: South Korea
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 19, COB
PROGRAM DATES: Summer 2016, TBD
TOTAL PROGRAM FEE: $1,500*
*Faculty will be asked to secure $1,500 from departmental, college, or other university sources. OIP will cover the remaining program costs.
The ZSEIFS seeks to sustainably internationalize the teaching, research, and service of the faculty who participate. One of the key ways in which the ZSEIFS accomplishes this is by connecting participants with scholars or other experts in their respective fields. These connections may lead to future research projects, collaborative teaching, or even a Fulbright experience.
Like previous ZSEIFS programs, the upcoming ZSEIFS South Korea will incorporate visits to the following universities. Those interested in participating in the 2016 ZSIEFS should take some time to familiarize themselves with those universities--particularly the programs/departments that align with your area of expertise as well as any administrators, faculty or other staff that would be of value to connect with.
Although the ZSEIFS South Korea itinerary has not yet been finalized, applicants are also encouraged to explore other universities (and potential contacts) within Seoul and in other areas of South Korea as participants will have time—whether during or after the program—to visit other locations. Please contact OIP for more information.
Physical, Medical, and Dietary Considerations
- Must be able to work long days;
- Must be able to walk a mile on moderately rough, hilly surface;
- Some roads are very curvy, if you are prone to motion sickness in a vehicle, you must manage it;
- Vegetarians and vegans may find dining in South Korea a challenge. We cannot guarantee that your food has never been in contact with meat products, nuts, or nut products;
- We will not always be near quality medical facilities. If you have a condition that may require rapid medical attention, this is not the program for you.
Participants will share rooms with other participants while in South Korea.
- The Program Fee includes a round-trip international flight, in-country accommodations (any costs associated with out-side of program travel will be the responsibility of the individual participant), a select number of group meals, in-country program-related group travel, entrance fees for group activities. While the ZSEIFS aims to foster cross-departmental connections, the individual goals of the participants are equally important. As such, each participant will receive a small amount of funding to help offset the cost of other activities connected to pursuing their individual goals (e.g., taxi cab to reach a meeting, entrance fee to visit a site not included in group itinerary, etc.). Participants will be responsible for covering the cost of domestic travel to/from the Nashville airport (BNA) as well as dining expenses for meals not included as part of accommodations or as an official group meal.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,