- Buy your WKU Parking Permit!
- Manage Your Parking Account
- Appeal a Citation
- Pay a Citation
- NextBus Information
- Alumni Square Garage
- Enterprise Car Share
- Event Shuttle Request
- Departmental Service Request
- Advertising Opportunities
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Visitors to Campus
- Disability Parking
- Car Free
- PTS Staff
- Campus Services and Facilities
- 15 Passenger Van Training
Commuters – Are you having trouble finding parking? We hear you!
|Date: Wednesday, August 27th, 2014||Return|
Parking at the start of this school year has been more difficult than usual. As a University, we’ve lost 500 parking spaces in the last two years, and now we’re really feeling it. We made changes to parking zones and transit routes this year to help, but it’s still frustrating for you.
Here’s what we’re doing today to help:
- We activated the gates at PS2 on the first day of classes to restrict access to current Commuter permit holders only. In the past, we waited until the second week of school to do this.
- We are out in the parking lots monitoring how the parking is being used and where parking is available.
- On a daily basis, we’re helping Commuting students find open parking spaces, and when necessary, allowing parking in other student zones.
- We’re reaching out to the Housing students to move them into the open Housing parking spaces as quickly as possible.
Here are some things you can do:
- Use the South Campus Park and Ride. The White Line bus leaves South Campus every 6 minutes during peak service and stops close to every major academic building on campus.
Get to campus early! Campus generally fills up by 9:30AM or so. Come early if you have classes that start between 10AM and Noon.
- Carpool! Do you have a roommate or friend you can carpool with? The more people that carpool, the fewer cars we have on campus and the easier it is to park.
- Do you live in the apartments near Kroger’s or Thoroughbred? GObg provides transit service to and from campus every 15 minutes during peak service. We sell student semester passes for $10.
- Do you live in apartments on Creason Drive near Campus Evolution Villages? Topper Transit White Line stops at CEV every 6 minutes. Ride for free!
- Do you live downtown near the Columns Apartments? Topper Transit Red Line stops at The Columns every 10 minutes during peak service. Ride for free!
November 26th -November 30th
November 26th - November 30th
Commuter Permit Holders ONLY
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets
New Yellow Line
New Purple Line Transit Service
Big discounts offered to Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visit www.InShuttle.com/wku to make your reservations! Click the headline above for more information.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,