- Buy your WKU Parking Permit!
- Manage Your Parking Account
- Appeal a Citation
- Pay a Citation
- NextBus Information
- Alumni Square Garage
- Enterprise Car Share
- Event Shuttle Request
- Departmental Service Request
- Advertising Opportunities
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Visitors to Campus
- Disability Parking
- Car Free
- PTS Staff
- Campus Services and Facilities
- 15 Passenger Van Training
KHSAA Parking Changes FOR COMMUTERS
|Date: Monday, December 2nd, 2013||Return to Archive|
Please be aware parking will be disrupted and traffic congestion will be heavy during the KHSAA Football Championships, December 6th and 7th. Please plan extra time to reach your destinations on campus.
Commuter Parking Changes (COMMUTER PARKING MAP FOR DECEMBER 6TH AND 7TH)
- Parking Structure 2 and Creason Lotwill be reserved exclusively for event parking.
- All vehicles must be moved from these areas by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 5th.
- Vehicles remaining in Creason after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday will be fined $100.
- Alternate parking is available in other Commuter Lots, the Alumni Square Garage (Friday only), or at the South Campus and Campbell Lane Park and Ride Lots.
Transit Park and Ride Information
- Both the Red Line and White Line run between Main and South Campuses. Allow 30 minutes to reach your destination on campus.
- White Line leaves South Campus every 8 – 10 minutes from 7:15 AM to 5:30 PM
- Red Line leaves South Campus every 12 minutes from 7:15 AM to 4:30 PM
- Blue Line leaves from the Alumni Square Garage every 15 minutes from 7:30 AM – 5:00PM.
- For event safety, Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic at 2:00 p.m. each day. Event traffic and those parking in Parking Structure 1 will be allowed.
- As a result, there will be no access to the Poland Lot or Avenue of Champions Housing Parking during the events.
- After each football game, WKU PD will control University Blvd/College Heights Blvd intersection to divert traffic off campus. Plan to use Normal Street to access campus.
More about the event
For the fifth year in a row, WKU has the honor of hosting the 2013 Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl State Football Championships on Friday, December 6th and Saturday December 7th. This two-day event will bring thousands of people from across the Commonwealth to Bowling Green and onto our campus.
We recognize this event is very disruptive to normal activities; however, it is an important event for campus. We apologize for the disruptions and appreciate your cooperation. Please direct any questions about these changes to Parking and Transportation Services at 270-745-2361 or email@example.com.
Parking and Transportation Services
July 28th - Aug 1st
Construction of new bikeway / walkway
July 25th - July 28th
Gated Regents will reopen 7/30. Two-way traffic on Minton Cir.
Add Your Name to the Wait List
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets
New Yellow Line
New Purple Line Transit Service
Big discounts offered to Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visit www.InShuttle.com/wku to make your reservations! Click the headline above for more information.