Step 1. You must be admitted to complete ATP Online. For admission info, click here.
Step 2. Register for ATP Online.
Step 3. Take placement exam(s) before ATP. All students must take the Math Placement Exam. Other exams may be required. Click to learn more.
Step 4. Be "In The Know" before ATP!
Click on a question below for more information.
- What is ATP like? Do I have to attend on campus?
- No. ATP for transfer students who have earned 24 or more hours from another post-secondary institution is online! ATP Online is an orientation program required for all transfer students planning to register for classes at our Bowling Green campus. ATP Online helps you become more familiar with WKU and gives you an opportunity to meet with an academic advisor from your chosen major, via email, phone, or in person. You will register for classes with your academic advisor's assistance and receive a copy of your class schedule.
- How do I change my major before ATP?
- To change your major, email your name, WKU ID, and new major choice to firstname.lastname@example.org with "ATP Major Change Request" in the subject line before completing ATP Online.
- After I register for ATP, will I receive a confirmation?
- You will receive a confirmation email and instant access to your ATP Online via TopNet.
- If I am attending an Extended Campus, do I need to attend ATP?
- Students planning to register for regional campus classes are not required to complete ATP Online. To register for an orientation or advising session at a regional campus, please contact the appropriate campus center for instructions. Elizabethtown: 270-769-1614; Ft. Knox: 270-351-1192; Glasgow: 270-659-6900; Owensboro: 270-745-5095 or 270-684-9797.
- Is there a fee for ATP Online?
- Yes. There is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 per student. You will be prompted to pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) when you register for ATP via TopNet.
- Can you help me with the Math Placement Exam (MPE)?
- If you have questions about the Math Placement Exam, refer to the left navigation for more details. If you still have questions or difficulty logging in, please call 270-745-4242 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time Monday-Friday or email email@example.com for assistance.
- What other resources do you suggest before I begin my classes?
- Use the left navigation on this page and click on New Student Checklist for great tips and reminders.
- How do I reschedule my ATP date?
- ATP Online is available from the time you receive confirmation on your registration
until one week before classes begin for the semester you plan to attend. If you do
not complete ATP Online by the posted deadline on your confirmation email, you must
attend late registration via traditional, on-campus ATP.
- I reserved my spot for ATP Online. What's next?
- Make sure you take the Math Placement Exam because all students must take it regardless
of previous credit or status. Some students must also take the Math Placement Trigonometry
Exam (MPTE) or Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE). Use the left navigation to click on Placement Exams for more information.
- How do I make a reservation for ATP?
- Details on how to reserve your ATP date are included on the reservations tab in the
left navigation. If you are having difficulty, please call our office at 270-745-4242
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will be happy to walk you through.
- When does ATP Online start and end?
- ATP Online is available to you just after you complete your reservation process for ATP on TopNet. For students planning to attend WKU in the spring, access will become available in mid-November. For students planning to begin in the fall, access will become available in mid-March.