Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below for more information.
- What is ATP like? Do I have to attend on campus?
- No. ATP for transfer students who have earned 24 or more hours from another post-secondary
institution is online! ATP Online is an orientation program required for all transfer
students planning to register for classes at our Bowling Green campus. ATP Online helps
you become more familiar with WKU and gives you an opportunity to meet with an academic
advisor from your chosen major, via email, phone, or in person. You will register
for classes with your academic advisor's assistance and receive a copy of your class
- How do I change my major before ATP?
- To change your major, email your name, WKU ID, and new major choice to email@example.com with "ATP Major Change Request" in the subject line before completing ATP Online.
- After I register for ATP, will I receive a confirmation?
- You will receive a confirmation email and instant access to your ATP Online via TopNet.
- If I am attending an Extended Campus, do I need to attend ATP?
- Students planning to register for regional campus classes are not required to complete
ATP Online. To register for an orientation or advising session at a regional campus,
please contact the appropriate campus center for instructions. Elizabethtown: 270-769-1614; Ft. Knox: 270-351-1192; Glasgow: 270-659-6900; Owensboro:
270-745-5095 or 270-684-9797.
- Is there a fee for ATP Online?
- Yes. There is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 per student. You will be prompted to
pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) when you register for ATP via TopNet.
- Can you help me with the Math Placement Exam (MPE)?
- If you have questions about the Math Placement Exam, refer to the left navigation
for more details. If you still have questions or difficulty logging in, please call
270-745-4242 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time Monday-Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- What other resources do you suggest before I begin my classes?
- Use the left navigation on this page and click on New Student Checklist for great
tips and reminders.
- How do I reschedule my ATP date?
- ATP Online is available from the time you receive confirmation on your registration
until one week before classes begin for the semester you plan to attend. If you do
not complete ATP Online by the posted deadline on your confirmation email, you must
attend late registration via traditional, on-campus ATP.
- I reserved my spot for ATP Online. What's next?
- Make sure you take the Math Placement Exam because all students must take it regardless
of previous credit or status. Some students must also take the Math Placement Trigonometry
Exam (MPTE) or Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE). Use the left navigation to click on Placement Exams for more information.
- How do I make a reservation for ATP?
- Details on how to reserve your ATP date are included on the reservations tab in the
left navigation. If you are having difficulty, please call our office at 270-745-4242
or email us at email@example.com. Our staff will be happy to walk you through.
- When does ATP Online start and end?
- ATP Online is available to you just after you complete your reservation process for
ATP on TopNet. For students planning to attend WKU in the spring, access will become
available in mid-November. For students planning to begin in the fall, access will
become available in mid-March.