Teaching Resource Faculty Program
The following faculty have been awarded Teaching Resource Faculty funds for the listed projects.
- Xiaoxia Silvie Huang “Reducing Online Learner Isolation.”
- Soleiman Kiasatpour "Implementing a Hybrid Study Abroad Program"
- Wren Mills "Increasing Retention in Online Education"
- Beckie Stobaugh "Investigations into Current Assessment Practices"
- Elizabeth Gish and Paul Markham "What the Best College Teachers Do"
- Qin Zhao "Active Teaching and Learning"
- Nicole Breazeale "Teaching in Multi-Campus Departments: Developing Community-Based Service and Learning Models for WKUs Regional Campuses"
- Jeanie Adams-Smith "Multi-dimensional Teaching in a Multimedia World"
- Bryan Carson "Copyright, Fair Use, and the Classroom"
- Terry Wilson "Educating for Sustainability across the Curriculum Faculty Development Retreat"
- Fred Siewers "Place as Text: Advancing Experiential Learning at WKU"
- Ginny Pfohl "Reaching & Teaching the Millenials: Helping Today's Students Become More Effective Learners"
- Jennifer Montgomery "Assessing Instruction for the Use of Critical Thinking and Technology"
- George Kontos "Learning about online social media and their role in education"
- Shana Pack "WE-ALL-LEARN"
- George Kontos, "Online Teaching and Learning: Connecting with Adult Learners"
- Shana Pack "Jossey-Bass Online Teaching & Learning Conference Online"
- George Kontos "E- Teaching and E-Learning"
- Lee Ann Smith "Best Practices with Clickers"
- Sally Kuhlenschmidt "Faculty Collegiality & Book Club"
- George Kontos, "Learning about Virtual Environments and their Role in Education"
- Shana Pack & Ginny Pfohl, "Roles and Responsibilities of University Educators: Avoiding Co-dependency"
- Barb Kacer "Writing and Critical Thinking as They Interface With Online Instruction
- "Terry Elliott, "Using Online Browser Extensions to Aid Student and Faculty Research: Zotero Training"
- Soleiman Kiasatpour, Guy Jordan, & Nancy Dawson, "Implementing a WKU Faculty-Led Multi-Disciplinary Study Abroad Program"
- Paula Quinn "An Instructional Model for Storytelling Utilizing Multimedia Platforms"
- Laura McGee "Place as Text: Developing Approaches to Teaching Abroad that Engage Students with Target Cultures"
- Judith Szerdahelyi "Technology in Support of Student Success: Using Student-Produced Multimedia Projects for Motivation, Engagement, and Active Learning"
- Gary Villereal "A Positive Learning Model"
- Deborah Logan "Education in India: English-language instruction and International Student Learning"
- Lakeisha Meyer "Teaching race and Culture: Improving College Instruction and Preparing Students to Work in a Diverse Society"
- Laura McGee ''Teaching Film Across the Curriculum"
- Emmanuel Iyiegbuniwe "Miami and the Everglades: Built and Endangered Environments"
- Cassandra Pinnick "Learning How to Learn: Practical Implications for Learning Methodologies"
- Marilyn Gardner "Teaching Square Professors"
- Jeanie Adams-Smith "Teaching Visual Literacy: Applying Techniques Used from the Photographic Front lines"
- Alexander Barzilov "Combining Active Learning Strategy with Audience Response Technology"
- Molly Kerby "Come Together Kentucky Conference teaching track"
- Inmaculada Pertusa, Melissa Stewart "Developing Rich-Media Content Materials for the E-Learning Environment", co-funded with Academic Technology.
- Rich Weigel & Department "History Department Faculty Seminars on Teaching"
- Ted Hovet & Ken Kuehn "An Interdisciplinary Approach to Student Reflection"
- Robyn Swanson "Best Teaching Practices for Cross Disciplinary Connections"
- "Wakonse Conference on College Teaching"
- "Course Redesign: A Symposium at UK"
- Miwon Choe "Metaphor as a Lens and as a Tool"
- Donna Blackburn "Creative Teaching for Nurse Educators"
- Timothy Miller "Part 2: Pilot for Mathematics 100c: An Interactive Mathematics delivery"
- Carol Watwood "Web-based Health Information"
- Steve Wininger & Sally Kuhlenschmidt "Evaluation Practices of College Teachers"
- Judith Szerdahelyi "Developing Digital Dimensions: From Web-Enhanced Courses to Digital Publications"
- Timothy Miller "Pilot for Mathematics 100c: An Interactive Mathematics delivery"
- Shula Mussnug "Teaching Online in Higher Education"
- Katrina Phelps "Critical Thinking Resources for Freshman Seminar Instructors"
- Nathan Phelps "Strengthening Learning Communities at WKU"
- Patty Randolph, Ted Hovet, Darleen Pigford "New Gateways to Faculty, Instructional and Organizational Development at WKU"
- Byron Sleugh "Technology, Social, and Economic Issues in Agriculture"
- Penny Papangelis, Susan Jones, Patricia Bailey "UK Symposium"
- Becky Tabor and department "Clinical Teaching Calibration"
- Katrina Phelps "Women in Mathematics from a Historical Perspective"
- Bryan Carson "Intellectual Property"
- Zubair Mohamed "Teaching Productions/Operations Management in the Enterprise Resource Planning Era"
- Katrina Phelps "Support for Women in Trades, Technology and Science"
- Byron Sleugh "Case Studies in Science Summer Workshop"
- Lynn Austin "NSF-Sponsored Case Studies in Science Workshop"
- Carol Graham "Learning Communities: A Means for Improving the Quality of Undergraduate Education at WKU"
- Catherine Schuster "Instructional Issues in Human Sexuality"
- Stacy Wilson "Moving from Teacher-Centered to Learner-Centered Education"
- Cathy Carey "Development of a Searchable Database Web Page of Ideas for Enhancing Teaching and Learning Through the Use of New Learning Technologies"
- Thad Crewes "Constructivist Guide to Teaching and Learning"
- Judith Hoover & Cecile Garmon "Providing Enhanced Learning Opportunities for the Distant Learner"
- Dean May "Attending Social Work Education Faculty Development Workshop - Student Learning Styles"
- Kay Payne "Women's Studies Delegation to South Africa"
- Dorsey Grice "Enhancing College Instruction via Broadcast Radio"
- Katrina Phelps "Development of Course Materials for the Freshman Seminar"
- Shula Ramsay "Attending the Summer Institute AAHL Teaching Learning & Technology Roundtable - Classroom Assessment"
- Joyce Rasdall "Enhancement of Visual Presentations of Faculty & Student Productivity"
- Doug Schutte & department "Building Expertise in Case-Based Learning to Prepare for Accreditation"
- Linda Todd "Interactive Multimedia"
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: c2009; Last modified: October 17, 2012.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,