Part Time Faculty Information Page
Welcome!! We're so glad you are here. We have a list of links below with information most likely to be needed by new faculty. We hope you will call on us (270-745-6508) if you need something. We can at least point you in the right direction.
FaCET is open during regular university hours: from 8:00 to 4:30 during fall and spring semesters and most interim periods; 7:30 to 3:00 during the summer terms.
This document, Part-Time Faculty Information, is designed to aid those who are new to WKU and teaching part-time. For those who are experienced, you can use this as a checklist to fill in any gaps of knowledge that you might have. Please let us know of any corrections or additions and contact us with any questions.
Take advantage of our high quality, self-paced, online tutorials designed for part-time faculty that will deepen your understanding of teaching. Sign up for Teaching@WKU.
Important Teaching Tools:
For those who are new to WKU:
Campus web sites that will be helpful:
- Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching (help for class preparation and more!)
- Introduction to the WKU Libraries (A wealth of information for your research)
- Office of Sponsored Programs (Aids for grant writing)
- Human Resources (Information about your benefits as an employee)
- WKU Home Page
- Manuals for Banner, TopNet, TopSmart
Information on our area:
- A List of Kentucky Institutions of Higher Education
- Bowling Green information
- Mammoth Cave
- Louisville, KY, information (a two hour drive north on I-65)
- Home of the Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs
- Nashville, TN, information (a one hour drive south on I-65)
The Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone (270) 745-6508 -- Fax (270) 745-6145.
Location: 1783 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Mailing Address: 1906 College Heights Blvd #11095, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1095.
Page created date: c2000; Last modified: February 28, 2012.
Site created: July 1996. All contents © since 1996.
This page is in compliance with Section 508 and W3C Priority-I guidelines.
If you find it to be inaccessible, please contact the Webmaster with the URL.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,