- Teacher Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Center
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
- Praxis Information
Visiting Student Teacher Requesting University Requirements
The requesting university shall:
- Complete the WKU Visiting Student Teacher Application
- Acknowledge that the applicant is a student in good standing with the university and eligible to student teach.
- Provide the Student Teaching Major / Subject
- List the required student teaching time frame / a split placement or one assignment
- Provide their Student Teaching Guidelines and Evaluation Forms to the WKU Student Teaching Office, the WKU University Supervisor, the assigned Cooperating Teacher(s), and the student. The requesting university may opt to accept WKU’s Evaluation Forms.
- Propose Cooperating Teacher and University Supervisor Compensation (Stipends will be negotiated)
The state of KY requires all student teachers to have a current medical/tb form (less
than 1 yr old during the student teaching time frame) on file with the WKU Student
Teaching Office and a Federal Criminal Background Report completed and on file with
the hosting school district.
The Office of Teacher Services and School Relations is looking forward to working with you.
Dr. Fred Carter, Director
WKU Office of Student Teaching
1906 College Heights Blvd #61031
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1031
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,