Friday, October 16, 2015 • 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
The Special Needs Summit is an event for parents, caregivers, professionals, staff, and students who have an interest in the special needs community. Workshops will be offered on various topics relating to special needs. The keynote speaker is Dwayne Ballen, TV journalist and author of Journey With Julian.
Workshops will be offered to parents, caregivers, professionals, and students on topics relevant to special needs. Topics include:
- Autism: A Father's Perspective
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Pharmacy Potpourri
- Building Language and Literacy One Story at a Time
- Identifying Barriers and Realistic Strategies for Managing Stress
- Creating Opportunities in Your Life, One Step at a Time
- Parent-Based Language Intervention Using Small Groups
- Teaching Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Strategies that Work
- Learn Every Day-The Infant Toddler Way! Planning a quality program for infants and toddlers including those with special needs.
Vendor tables providing information on community resources and services will be available.
CEUs/Early Care Education hours/EILA Credits/First Steps Provider Choice Training Hours will be offered. Click here for more information.
Priority Registration through October 13th at 5:00 pm
After Priority Registration:
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided for those who register for the whole day.
Registration will take place from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Knicely Conference Center
654 Campbell Lane (For Internet and GPS mapping services, use 2355 Nashville Road)
Bowling Green, KY 42101
For more information, please contact:
Shannon M. Sales, MSW, Intake Coordinator
Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex at WKU
270-745-2419 Direct Line
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,