2014 Texas Sports Symposium
About the Program
The program is designed to give students an understanding of the facility planning, design, and the construction process for recreation and sports venues. The program includes tours of some of the most outstanding facilities of professional teams in the country. This cutting edge experience provides a tremendous learning experience that will enhance student resumes.
The sites viists coordinated in cooperation with the International Association of Venue Manager (IAVM).
Restricted to students in Master of Science in Athletic Administration
The Program Leaders may determine other eligibility requirements, but at a minimum, all applicants need to meet these requirements:
- Good academic standing.
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Complete Study Away application.
Included in Base Package
- Meals (as listed in schedule)
- Admission for program activities
- Program-related ground transportation
- Round Trip airfare Nashville to Dallas
Excluded from Base Package
- Items not explicitly listed in package.
- Cost of independent travel (non-program travel)
- Meals & Services and beverages not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone call, and internet access
- Tips for guides and drivers
Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
Study Away Courses
- RSA 515/530 - Texas Sports Facility Symposium
- SPM 456 - Texas Sports Facility Symposium
- Dr. Fred Gibson
- Dr. Evie Oregon
- Dr. Brad Stinniett
- Amy Fitzpatrick
- Dallas, Texas
- Summer 2014
- Study Away Component: August 7 - 15
Program Package (estimate)
- Syllabus (coming soon)
Western Kentucky University and its associates are not responsible for any loss due to theft, personal injury, flight or weather delays, negligence, or default of suppliers, or suppliers changing of itineraries. They and their associates are not responsible for any loss due to travel/flight delays or changes in travel plans due to Acts of Nature or other unforeseen circumstances, nor are we responsible for accidents and medical care. Tour services are furnished by independent contractors who are not agents or servants of Western Kentucky University. Refunds are not available for unused portions of the package.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,