Application Process for Undergraduate Exchange Students
Undergraduate students whose nominations have been approved by WKU's Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning will receive a confirmation email. The email will include instructions on the next steps in the exchange process: application to WKU and immigration requirements.
Undergraduate exchange students should apply to WKU online at the Undergraduate Admissions page. In order to ensure that you are processed as an Exchange Student, it will be important for you to know the information below when completing the initial application questions in the Undergraduate Online Application. Be sure to identify yourself as the following:
- You are a NON-DEGREE SEEKING student;
- You are visiting from another college or university;
- You are applying for an EXCHANGE;
- If your university is not listed,
- select OTHER and write in your home university's name;
- You were not referred by a recruiting agent.
In addition to the application (which goes directly to Admissions), you must fill out and submit several forms to Abby Leake in the Study Abroad and Global Learning Office in Grise Hall 128. Please note: do NOT send these forms to the Office of Admissions. Without them, we will not be able to admit you to WKU:
1. Official transcripts. Please submit the most recent version from your home institution.
2. TOEFL scores (a copy).
3. Financial Documentation. The US State Department requires a Financial Statement showing at least US$5,000 per semester in your bank account. This may come in one of the following forms:
- Bank statement, stamped or signed by a bank official (or)
- Affidavit of support, submitted by sponsor & accompanied by financial verification (or)
- Scholarship letter from sponsoring organization outlining dates and terms of scholarship.
If you will be staying for more than one semester, you bank account must contain sufficient funds to cover that time period.
4. Photocopy of Passport. Please copy and submit the page with your image and name. NOTE: If the expiration date on your passport falls before or any time during your exchange program, you will either need to renew your passport before arrival or take the necessary steps to do so prior to the expiration date.
Please submit all documents (excluding application, as that will take place online) to:
Western Kentucky University
Study Abroad and Global Learning
1906 College Heights Blvd #11064
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1064 USA
Please note: the bank statements must be mailed as original paper documents while the transcripts and passport copy may be scanned and emailed.
Before You Arrive
Once You Arrive