The information below will help guide you in the Passport application process. Please note that the most up to date information is located on the Department of State website.
Applying for a new passport
To apply for a new passport you must have the following documents and apply in person at a local processing center:
- Form DS-11 (Do NOT sign the form until asked to do so by USPS Representative.)
- One 2" x 2" color passport photo.
- Certified Birth Certificate, a previous passport, or I.N.S. Certificate of Citizenship.
- A valid Driver's License or government issued photo I.D. photocopy (front and back).
- If out of State I.D., you should also have a WKU ID.
- All Children MUST be present at time of Application.
- If child is under age 16, BOTH parents need to be present.
- If child is 16-17, one parent must be present.
- If under 16 years of age, State Certified Birth Certificate is REQUIRED.
- If child is under 16 years of age, parent's I.D. is REQUIRED.
For more information on applying for a new passport visit the Department of State website.
Renewing a Passport
To renew a passport you be required to submit the following documents, please note
that these applications may be mailed directly to The National Passport Processing
Center address listed on Form DS-82:
- Form DS-82 (Completed and Signed)
- Current U.S. Passport
- Two 2''x2''passport photos
- Materials can be mailed in if qualifications are met.
For more information on renewing a passport visit the Department of State website.
U.S. Department of State*
|16 and over||$110.00||$30.00|
|*Check or Money Order Only|
|**Cash, Check, or Money Order|
Current processing time is 4 to 6 weeks for normal processing. Expedited Service ( 2 to 3 weeks) is available for an additional fee, please visit the Department of State website for more information on processing times.
Bowling Green Post Office
311 E 11th Ave.
Bowling Green, KY 42101-9998
- Call the local Post Office at (270) 796-4091
- Visit the U.S. Department of Travel website
- Call 1-877-487-2778
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,