Study Abroad Online Application Guide
Click here for information on the application fee.
Welcome to the WKU Study Abroad Online Application Guide. Below you will find descriptions of each of the steps that you are required to complete prior to studying abroad. Throughout the study abroad process, remember that the staff of Study Abroad and Global Learning is here to help you every step of the way. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (270) 745-5334.
STEP 1: Initial Interest Form
The Initial Interest Form provides the Study Abroad Office with vital information about your study abroad goals, such as:
- Term you wish to study abroad;
- Location preferences;
- Academic credit desired;
Once you have completed and submitted your Initial Interest Form, you will be provided customized instructions based on your answers.
STEP 2: Program Selection
Program Selection may vary from student to student. Some students immediately know which study abroad program is right for them, while others may want to discuss a variety of their options. Whichever approach you end up taking, once you've identified a study abroad program, you will need to complete Step 2 in order to obtain an endorsement by the Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning. Please note that once you complete your program selection form, you will be charged a $150 Study Abroad Application Fee. Click here for more information regarding the application fee.
If you are studying abroad through an outside provider (e.g., CCSA, Harlaxton, ISEP, KIIS, Semester at Sea, or an external provider), you will need to complete and submit a separate application directly to the provider. If you have questions about that application process, we recommend that you contact the individual provider.
STEP 3: Pre-departure Process
Once your program selection has been evaluated and endorsed by the Study Abroad Office (or relevant party), you must complete the following items in order to confirm your commitment to study abroad on your chosen program:
- Submit Course Approval Form (as necessary)
- If the courses you intend to take have not been previously articulated to WKU courses, you are encouraged to submit a course approval form prior to leaving for your program. A list of institutions and courses can be found here that do NOT need course approval forms. Remember, if you wish to take a course that is not shown a WKU equivalency or is from an institution not shown on the list, a course approval form is necessary.
- Student Responsibility Statement Acknowledgement
- Pay Deposit (only for students participating on Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs)
- Submit Insurance Acknowledgement
- Submit Emergency Contact Information
- Submit Copy of Passport (may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com)
- Attend Pre-Departure Orientation
If your decision to study abroad should change: If at any point during the study abroad process your decision to study abroad should change, please contact your study abroad advisor or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the WKU Study Abroad Online Application:
- Go to: topnet.wku.edu
- Select "Study Abroad Application Process" from Student Menu