Job Posting: Director of SAGL,
Connect with us
Representatives have already been selected for the 2013-2014 year.
Be on the look out for the next recruitment cycle Spring 2014!
WKU SAGL Student Representatives: Is it right for you?
- Are you constantly telling anyone who will listen about how AMAZING your study abroad experience was?
- Do you think everyone should study abroad if possible? Do you help students understand how accessible the opportunity really is?
- When you discover that the person you are talking to is planning to study abroad, are you anxious to share advice and make recommendations?
- Do you want to be the reason a student decides to study abroad?
If you've studied abroad and answered yes to any (or all) of the questions above, we think you'd make a great Student Representative of the WKU Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning (SAGL).
WHAT IS A SAGL STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE?
Each SAGL Student Representative—whether Ambassador, Peer Advisor or Exchange Student Mentor—will specialize in one track, but be expected to devote a portion of their time to service in the other two tracks over the course of their appointment. Regardless of the individual track, each SAGL Student Representative will:
- Advance skills in advising, public speaking, event planning, and marketing
- Expand and strengthen his or her resume
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Study Abroad opportunities and processes
- Develop interpersonal relationships with fellow SAGL Student Representatives, SAGL staff, WKU students, and WKU administrators
- Share stories and advice from his or her Study Abroad experience
* For more information about the individual tracks and how students are assigned to tracks can be found on the application.