Connect with us
Study Abroad Photo Contest
Every semester, the Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning invites study abroad alumni to submit their best photos to the Study Abroad Photo Contest. The fall 2013 deadline for photo submissions is October 31.
The guidelines have recently changed and are as follows.Categories
1) WKU Global Classroom
Photos capturing educational engagement, including research or internship experiences
2) Cultural Encounters
Photos capturing interactions with local residents and the host culture
3) New Horizons
Photos of landscapes and cityscapes
4) Hilltoppers Abroad
WKU students showing their Hilltopper pride (must contain WKU logo)
5) Thank-You WKU
Photos of WKU students conveying a heart-felt thank-you to faculty, staff, and donors who helped make their experience possible
- Fall contest: Degree-seeking WKU students who studied abroad during previous spring or summer
- Spring contest: Degree-seeking WKU students who studied abroad during previous fall or winter
- Fall: October 31st at midnight CST
- Spring: March 1st at midnight CST
Maximum number of submissions: Up to 5 photos per student, limit of 3 per category
- At least 1 MB in size
- Saved as Firstname.Lastname_term_location_category.jpg (example: John.Smith_spring13_England_HilltoppersAbroad.jpg)
- Must have been taken during the student's study abroad program by the student submitting the photo (unless he or she is featured in the photo)
- Image quality: high resolution, in focus, good composition (e.g. use rule of thirds)
- Suitability for use in SAGL marketing materials: features positive aspects of the student's experience, people interactions, cultural and educational engagement, red towel photos, etc.
Undesirable photos: Touristy photos, photos containing alcohol or any controversial subject matter
Submission instructions: Attach photos and Photo Release Form (available on SAGL photo contest page) in an email to email@example.com with one-sentence captions for each photo in body of email.
Up to 10 photos will be selected per category by SAGL staff for voting (if suitable entries are found). Voting will take place on SAGL's Facebook page during the last two full weeks of October and March. The winning photos will be published in the Herald at the end of the semester.
Prizes! The student whose photo gets the most votes in each category receives a $200 scholarship!