The WKU Student Research Council promotes scholarly activities and professional development of graduate, undergraduate, and Gatton Academy students in all disciplines. To this end, the Council has five primary responsibilities.
- encourage student involvement in scholarly activities
- provide students with resources and information for scholarly engagement
- encourage faculty mentoring of students
- organize REACH Week activities
- organize the annual WKU Student Research Conference
The success of the WKU Student Research Council depends upon a university-wide commitment to participation and collaboration among administration, faculty-staff, and students.
"I have investigated topics ranging from microbiology to developmental neurobiology. Although each project has been different, they have all taught me valuable laboratory techniques. More importantly, research has further developed my ability to critically think and apply knowledge from the classroom to the real world."
Aric Johnson / Department of Biology and recipient of a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship