- Membership Application Process
- Annual Activities
- Why Should You Join ASCD?
|Left: Two members (William and Kelli) are presenting at the local 2013 TeachMeet Conference. Right: Two members (Rachel and Kateiri) are presenting with ASCD sponsor Dr. Stobaugh at the 2013 ASCD Conference in Chicago, IL.|
ASCD members have opportunities to present at several different local conferences.
These conferences allow members to network with other teachers in the field, hone their presenting skills, and perhaps meet a future employer! Below are some conferences where our WKU ASCD members typically present.
- FEA Regional Conference: Typically each fall semester ASCD members present at the Future Educators of America conference for high school students.
- WKU School of Teacher Education Conference: Our members also present at this conference in the summer giving members opportunities to network with local teachers.
- TeachMeet Conference: This is a technology conference at WKU, typically every fall. ASCD members present new technologies and have the opportunity to attend sessions.
- ASCD National Conference: Each March the National ASCD Organization hosts the annual conference. The WKU ASCD chapter usually sends three to four students. The location of the conference varies, in previous years it has been in Chicago and Los Angeles. The conference is an international conference with hundreds of sessions to attend. It usually includes prominent keynote speakers. The students from WKU ASCD have the opportunity to attend sessions, present, and network with other ASCD members that are already in the field.