- Membership Application Process
- Annual Activities
- Why Should You Join ASCD?
Welcome Pizza Party
At the beginning of each semester ASCD hosts a pizza party where all members and those interested in ASCD are invited. Students have the opportunity to learn about ASCD and our events for the semester. Students learn how to become involved in ASCD and have the opportunity to network with other members.
Professional Development Events
Above are scenes from previous professional development events. Events are usually laid back and
focused on what members are interested in learning.
Each semester ASCD hosts professional development events. Typically, ASCD hosts two events a semester. Members choose topics that are relevant and important to them. The professional development events are a great way for students to connect with administrators and teachers. Additionally, the events are very informational.
|Above: ASCD Members with two presents after a professional development event.|
- Events are focused on what members want to know. For example, in the past ASCD has hosted professional development events covering differentiation, everything you need to know for your first year, diversity, tough situations in the classroom and many more.
- Members have the opportunity to network. Members invite teachers or administrators from the local schools to share their expertise.
- The events are informational. Many times the events are a question/answer session where students pose questions for the professionals.