Call for Papers for SSEPC Monograph
Theme: Preparing Preservice Teachers for Inclusive Practice
Small Special Education Programs Caucus
Teacher Education Division, Council for Exceptional Children
The Small Special Education Programs Caucus (SSEPC) is seeking papers for its new monograph related to inquiry and practice of the preparation of preservice teachers for inclusive practice.
The increase in inclusive practice and changing service delivery models has had an impact on practice in special education. In response to this changing landscape, teacher educators have had to revise and restructure their programs to prepare undergraduate and graduate students to teach in a variety of classroom structures. This monograph will be a collection of current research related to preparing teachers for these structures, with a particular emphasis on teacher preparation in small college and university programs. All members of the Teacher Education Division are encouraged to contribute papers.
All papers must be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word to Dr. Michele Kamens at email@example.com by the deadline date of August 1, 2010. Early submissions are encouraged. All submissions are subject to blind review, and must adhere to the following guidelines in order to be considered:
- All submissions must follow the format of the American Psychological Association Publication Manual (6th ed.). Figures accompanying the manuscript should be camera-ready.
- Papers must use Microsoft Word and be double spaced, approximately 15-20 pages, with 11/2 inch margins and 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Please submit two electronic copies, one with author(s) and their professional affiliations on the title page and one without author(s) on the title page.
- Submissions should include a letter of transmittal providing the name, address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address of the author to whom communication about the manuscript should be addressed.
- A 100-150 word abstract summarizing the content of the manuscript should follow the title page.
- Manuscripts may be returned to authors for revision when applicable. The editors reserve the right to edit papers for space considerations, readability, or other changes that do not affect the meaning of the text.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,