- Business Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Organizational Leadership
- Paralegal Studies
- Real Estate Studies
- University Experience
Change of Major Procedure
The following steps are required for students to change their major to the Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies. The procedure ensures the student has an understanding of the Interdisciplinary degree and is aware of requirements necessary to complete the BIS.
1. Inquiring students begin by completing the BIS Cyber Workshop. The online workshop provides an overview of the BIS and allows the student to select an area of emphasis.
2. Upon completion, the workshop generates an email to BIS advisors. Advisors prepare a summary of remaining degree requirements/tentative degree program. This information is forwarded to the student.
3. Upon review of the advising summary, students interested in pursuing the BIS will contact the advisor to ask questions about the tentative degree program and set-up an initial advising session.
4. In the advising session, the student and advisor will review degree requirements and remaining course work. At this time, the student will complete a Change of Major form and the advisor will lift the advising hold.
5. The advisor and Interdisciplinary Studies Department Head sign the Change of Major form. The completed form is submitted to AARC to update the student record (Banner).
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,