MSW Application Instructions
Electronic Signature Instructions for Students
1. Electronic Signature Instructions for Students Locate and download your form here.
2. Fill in the appropriate information on the form.
3. Click on the "Student Signature" field.
4. A pop-up will ask you to select a digital ID if you already have one created. If you already have a digital ID, skip
to step 15.
5. If you do not have one created, the pop-up screen will give you an option to sign the document using “A new
digital ID that I want to create now.”
6. Select this option and click “Next”
7. Select New PKCS#12 Digital ID File, and click “Next”
8. Type your name, email address, and select your country/region. The organizational unit and organization
name is not required for the creation of your digital ID. When you certify or sign a document, the name
appears in the Signatures panel and in the signature field.
9. Optional: To use Unicode values for extended characters (i.e. #, &, ^, etc.), select “Enable Unicode Support,”
and then specify the Unicode values in the appropriate boxes that appear next to the first set of boxes.
10. From the Key Algorithm menu, choose 1024-bit RSA
11. From the Use Digital ID For menu, choose Digital Signatures and Data Encryption. Click “Next”
12. Specify a file name and location for the digital ID file.
13.Type a password; passwords are case-sensitive, must contain at least six characters, and may not contain
double quotation marks or the following characters: ! @ # $ % ^ & * , | \ ; < > _. Type the same password in
both the Password and Confirm Password boxes.
14. Click “Finish”
15.Save a copy of the form and send it to your graduate advisor, if necessary. (Most forms require an advisor
Important: Make a backup copy of your digital ID file. If your digital ID file is lost or corrupted, or if you forget your password, you cannot use that profile to add or validate signatures.
MSW Application Submission Instructions
1. First save this application to your desktop.
2. Then after filling out the application, save and submit as an attachment via Email to
3. Subject line ' "MSW Admissions Application"