- Scholarship Home
- Incoming Freshmen
- Freshman Scholarship Booklet
- Current Students
- Transfer Students
- Departmental Scholarships
- Tuition Incentive Program
- Alumni Grant
- Outside Scholarships
Community College / Junior College Transfers
Effective 2014-2015 academic year:
- Students transferring from any KCTCS institution, or from a Joint Admissions partner institution, will receive an automatic award at WKU for up to 2 academic years
as long as the student: 1) has an Associate's Degree (received prior to their first
semester as a transfer student); 2) applies for admission to WKU by April 1 (for fall
admission) and November 1 (for spring admission); and 3) enrolls full-time at WKU.
Awards are as follows:
- $4000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.75+ (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $3000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.5-3.7499 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $2000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.25-3.499 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $1500 with overall cumulative GPA 3.0-3.2499 (renewable with 3.0 GPA)
- Students must earn at least 24 hours at the end of their first academic year with
the appropriate GPA (see above) for the award to be renewed the following year. Students
that do not meet renewal criteria at the end of their first academic year can use
the following summer semester to rehabilitate (at their own expense) and eligibility
for the award will be re-evaluated.
Non-KCTCS Community College/Junior College Transfer Scholarship
Students transferring from a non-KCTCS Community College/Junior College who have completed 2 years with a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.5 and apply for admission by April 1 for fall admission and November 1 for spring admission will receive $1500 for the academic year for up to 2 academic years, automatic award, renewable with cumulative GPA of 3.25.
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions!
Contact us to learn more
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,