- Scholarship Home
- Incoming Freshmen
- Freshman Scholarship Booklet
- Current Students
- Transfer Students
- Departmental Scholarships
- Tuition Incentive Program
- Alumni Grant
- Outside Scholarships
Alumni Grant Scholarship
Western Kentucky University will offer an alumni grant scholarship to any qualified nonresident student whose parent, stepparent, or grandparent holds an associate, baccalaureate, master's, doctoral or specialist degree or has completed a certified program from the University. (Bowling Green Business University, Ogden College, and Potter College.) Residents of Kentucky are not eligible for the Alumni Grant.
Undergraduate students who meet the following requirements qualify automatically for an academic year and/or summer-term alumni grant scholarship:
- Beginning Freshman - ACT composite score of 20 or higher, a high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 grade scale, or an SAT combined score of 930.
- Transfer students from an accredited college or university - a cumulative college GPA of 2.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale where one academic year (24 semester hours) or more of full-time enrollment has been completed.
- Readmission students - a cumulative GPA of 2.2 where one academic year (24 semester hours or more of full-time enrollment has been completed.
- Students enrolled with an alumni grant scholarship will qualify for the subsequent academic year with a cumulative GPA of 2.2 or higher.
- Students enrolled without an alumni grant may qualify for the subsequent semester or more of full-time enrollment.
Graduate and Transient Students
Graduate students admitted to WKU in good standing are eligible for the Alumni Grant. Transient Students must have a transcript showing a baccalaureate degree awarded or letter from the Graduate Dean at their institution stating the student is in good standing on file to qualify for the Alumni Grant.
Qualified students will pay 30% above in-state tuition and the alumni grant scholarship will pay the remaining difference between the in-state and out-of-state rates. Tuition at the time of enrollment will determine the value of the Alumni Grant Scholarship. Students qualifying for alumni grant scholarships also may apply for other University scholarships.
If you have additional questions regarding the Alumni Grant Scholarship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .