- Meet Our Staff
- Interactive Process
- Registration Process
- Accommodations and Auxiliary Aids
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Student Resources
- Testing Guidelines and Forms
- Student Resources
- MAPS Student Organization
- Faculty Information
- Programs & Events
- ADA Student Grievance Procedure
- Student Disability Accommodations / Section 504 and ADA Compliance
Providing accommodated testing while maintaining academic integrity is taken very seriously here at Student Accessibility Resource Center. Any student found cheating is required to surrender their exam, and the instructor will be notified. Recommendations for accommodations are made by the SARC Coordinator based on documentation provided by a licensed medical professional.
Such accommodations may include extended time, an alternate location, a writer for
test questions, use of a word processor, larger print, or oral administration of test
questions. These needs are listed in a Faculty Notification Letter which students
are responsible for presenting to each instructor at the beginning of the semester.
Step 1: Testing Agreement
All students using our testing service must read and sign the revised Testing Agreement before we can administer any exam. If you prefer, you may download the Testing Agreement (PDF) and mail, fax, email, or bring the completed form to SARC.
Students are encouraged to schedule all their exams at the beginning of each semester, if possible.
Each exam for which accommodations are requested will need its own Exam Accommodation Request, to be filled out by the student and the instructor then submitted by the student, and
Exam Instructions, to accompany the exam when it is delivered by the instructor.
Step 2: Request to Schedule Exam
To schedule an exam, an Exam Accommodation Request (PDF) must be filled out and submitted to the SARC office 7 days before the exam. Final exam requests must be submitted 14 days before the first day of finals.
- This form has two sections. The top section is filled out by the student. The bottom section must be filled out by the instructor.
- In the event that the instructor wishes to email the form instead of signing it, the instructor may fill out both sections and email the form to email@example.com from their email account.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the form is submitted on time.
Once SARC has scheduled the exam, the student and instructor will receive a confirmation
email from SARC.
Step 3: Instructor Delivers Exam
It is the instructor’s responsibility to deliver the exam to SARC 24 hours before the scheduled exam, rather that means by fax, email, or hand. Exam Instructions (PDF) must accompany each exam.
Need to Reschedule?
If for any reason a test is not administered at the scheduled time, it is the student’s
responsibility to fill out an Exam Change Form (PDF) to reschedule their exam with the instructor’s permission. Contact SARC as soon as
you are made aware of the need to reschedule.
Testing Forms for Students and Faculty
- Testing Agreement • (Online) • (PDF)
- Exam Accommodation Request • (PDF)
- Exam Instructions • (PDF)
- Exam Change Form • (PDF)
You can reach the Testing Coordinator at 270-745-5004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request this document in alternative format, please contact the Student Accessibility Resource Center at (270) 745-5004 or via email at email@example.com.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,