Kentucky Public Health Association (KPHA) at WKU
The purpose of this organization is to promote and create awareness of public health issues both on campus and in our community. With the addition of new members we strive to be stronger advocates on the local and state level. Through community partnerships and campus activities members develop interpersonal and networking skills that will translate into their public health profession. Our organization also aims at providing platform for our members to participate in the community and help to make our society a better place to live.
Our vision is to see an overall improvement in the health on campus and in our community. We believe that as an organization, small steps that we take can make a great beginning for a healthier change in the community.
Our mission is to increase public health awareness through community education and championing legislation that improves the welfare of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
1. Bowling Green International Festival September 29, 2012 http://bginternationalfest.com/
2. Homecoming 2012, "Red, White, and WKU" Saturday, October, 2012
4. World AIDS Day December 1st 2011
- HIV Test for Free from 10 a.m to 4 p.m at DUC
- Candle Light Vigil to remember 30th year of HIV/AIDS from 6 p.m to 7 p.m at Centennial Mall
- Poetry SLAM from from 5 p.m to 5.45 p.m at DUC Auditorium
5. ADOPT A FAMILY from Nov - 29th to Dec 14th
Canned + Dry Goods Donated to Feed 14- Families @ Parker Bennett Curry Elementary School
6. 2013 Annual Kentucky Public Health Association Conference - March 26-29 Crowne Plaza Hotel, Louisville, KY
For More Information ,Contact :
President of KPHA - WKU Chapter
Academic Complex 133
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,