Interested in Psi Chi, the National Honor Society for students studying psychology?
See the benefits of joining: https://www.psichi.org/?page=member_benefits
- completed 45 total hours (or credits) of college work.
- 3.0 GPA in your Psychology courses and overall.
- be a psychology major or minor
- completed at least 9 hours of Psychology course work.
- Membership fee of $55 due when applying.
The deadline for applications is April 14.
To submit your application:
- complete the application form: http://memberapp.psichi.org/cfamember/applicationform.aspx
- PRINT it BEFORE submitting it.
- Then submit the form online.
- Give the printed form to Andy Mienaltowski - 3037 GRH, to Ginny Pfohl - 3043 GRH; or place the printed form (only) in the Psych mailboxes
- Give the check directly to Andy Mienaltowski - 3037 GRH, to Ginny Pfohl - 3043 GRH or to Michelle Hanley or Robin Lovell, Office staff for Psychology.
The induction ceremony will be held on April 28, 2014, at 4:30 in room 2009 GRH.
Students Graduating this May or at the End of Summer
Members of Psi Chi and who are graduating this May or at the end of the Summer may wish to purchase or borrow graduation regalia signifying their membership.
To purchase see: https://www.psichi.org/store/ListProducts.aspx?catid=218024
To borrow from the WKU Psi Chi chapter: Upon receipt of the item you wish to borrow, you must leave a check as collateral for the value of the item. The WKU Psi Chi chapter will return the check to you when you turn in the item. They currently have a limited supply of regalia.
Applying for Membership in Psi Chi
- Review the criteria for eligibility on the Psi Chi website.
- Apply online at: Become a Member (Psi Chi website)
- For questions about the membership process, contact an officer, the faculty advisor, or the Psi Chi mailbox located in the Psychology Department on the 3rd floor of Gary A. Ransdell Hall.
- Students should not leave money or checks with these forms. The fee will be collected at a later time.
Membership in the Psychology Club
The Psychology Club is an organization for those who are interested in psychology
but who do not necessarily meet the membership requirements for Psi Chi, and who may
not even be majoring/minoring in psychology. Except for certain special occasions,
Psi Chi and the Psychology Club at WKU function cooperatively as one cohesive unit.
Membership for the WKU Psychology Club is open to any student.
Download membership application: PDF | Word
To subscribe to the Psychology-club and the Psi Chi emailing list, send a message
Officers of Psi Chi/Psychology Club can send a message to the list by sending an email to email@example.com.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,