- Studying Psychology
- Experiencing Psychology
- Regional Campuses
- About the Department
- Mission Statement
- Contact Us
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Psychology Course and Program Changes
July 1, 2014
Use the linked document (pdf) to quickly identify the new numbers and prefixes for courses for the B.A. in Psychology. The old number is in the 2nd column and the new number (if there is one) is in the 3rd column.
For a side-by-side comparison checklist of the old Psychology B.A. with the new Psychology B.A. click on the appropriate link below
March 2014 Announcement for students
#1 Psychology Course Change
Please note the following information relevant to the Psychology major as you register for classes for the Summer and Fall:
- WKU now has both the Department of Psychology in the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences (http://wku.edu/psychology/) and the new Department of Psychological Sciences in the Ogden College of Science and Engineering (http://wku.edu/psychological-sciences/index.php).
- The course schedules for summer and fall classes in both departments are now posted to Topnet.
- As you are choosing courses for Summer or Fall 2014 semesters, please be sure to look at courses from both departments to fulfill your requirements for your major or minor.
- You may take courses with either the "PSY" or "PSYS" prefix in creating your schedule.
- Some courses included in the Psychology BA degree requirements with a “PSY” (Psychology) prefix are now only offered with the “PSYS” (Psychological Sciences) prefix.
- A course with either prefix that fulfills a requirement will count toward graduation.
- The attached document lists the courses that are available from both departments in the Summer and Fall 2014 terms.
If you have any further questions, please contact your advisor.