The following are requirements for admission into the WKU DPT Program:
Baccalaureate Degree: Prospective candidates must earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university prior to matriculation. There is no preference given to any particular baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of all required PTCAS Application materials and The Graduate School Online Application must be received by the November 3, 2014 application deadline.
- November 30, 2014 (midnight CST) is the extended deadline for receipt of all Supplemental Application materials:
- The Graduate School at WKU requires all of the following supplemental application
materials, no later than November 30, 2014, to release your DPT Program Application for review by the DPT Program Admissions
- (Official Transcripts, GRE Scores (School Codes: 0557 and 1901), DPT Program Technical Standards Disclosure Form, and Prerequisite Course Work Form) to be received by The Graduate School (email@example.com).
- The Graduate School at WKU requires all of the following supplemental application materials, no later than November 30, 2014, to release your DPT Program Application for review by the DPT Program Admissions Committee:
Transcripts: Official hard copy transcripts from all previous college and professional schools must be sent directly to:The Graduate School - DPT
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11010
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1010
Transcript questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prerequisite Courses: Prospective candidates must complete the prerequisite courses, no grade lower than a C is acceptable (click here for the prerequisite courses).
Grade Point Average (GPA): A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for both cumulative and prerequisite courses.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Typically, a composite score of 300 or higher (1000 or higher on the older version of the exam) on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE is preferred. A score of 4 out of 6 is recommended on the Analytical Writing Section.
Scoring for the new version of the General GRE test began August 2011. Earlier GRE Test scores will be acceptable as long as the GRE test results have not been purged from the GRE system.
GRE Scores must be sent to both PTCAS and The Graduate School at WKU using the following school codes:
The Graduate School at WKU - GRE School Code: 1901
WKU's PTCAS GRE School Code: 0557 (New code - effective 2013)
DPT Students must undergo a successful Criminal Background Check prior to beginning their first Clinical Education course.
Students are also expected to be able to perform the Technical Standards associated with performing Physical Therapist duties (see Application Procedures - Technical Standards Disclosure Form).
Most recent class average demographics (top 47 offered spot in new class):
- Prerequisite GPA - - 3.54
- PTCAS Cumulative GPA - - 3.53
- Verbal - - 153
- Quantitative - - 154
- Written - - 4.0
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,