The PDC Purchasing department purchases all furniture for the entire WKU campus. There are a variety of vendors, brands and types of furniture that are available to meet your needs. Select the following link to view an abbreviated list of current vendors you may choose from. If there is a vendor you would like to purchase from that is not on the list, please contact Warren Whitfield or Leslie Powers to verify that your particular vendor is on contract.
- Furniture Vendor List (WKU is required by state laws and regulations to purchase furniture on one of the following contracts: GSA, GRREC, Commonwealth of Kentucky, KEPC, E&I or WKU Contracts.)
- Some furniture vendors, as well as PDC, can assist with space planning, item selections, and finishes/fabrics. Please feel free to contact PDC if you need assistance.
FURNITURE POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- All furniture must be purchased using a university issued purchase order, unless otherwise approved by Warren Whitfield, Manager of Construction Purchasing.
- The University Committee has ruled out the purchase of poor quality chairs and and pressed wood furniture, as they will not hold up with long-term use. This is deemed as not good use of University funds.
- Before or on completion of a Requisition, a copy of the furniture quote must be emailed/faxed to Warren Whitfield at Warren.Whitfield@wku.edu or fax: 270-745-4190. A PO will not be written until a quote is received.
- Furniture purchases must be broken down by individual items with detailed lines that include the following: catalog #, description, fabrics/color/finishes. If you need assistance with making sure your requisition is entered correctly, please contact Warren Whitfield (Warren.Whitfield@wku.edu) or Leslie Powers (Leslie.Powers@wku.edu).
- ALL furniture Purchase Orders TOTALING $1000 or more must be received in BANNER (FPARCVD). Receiving your items promptly in BANNER enables PDC Purchasing to process the invoices as quickly as possible for payment. Please contact Leslie Powers if you need any assistance with completing a receiver in BANNER.
If your department would like to purchase furniture and needs assistance, feel free to contact Warren Whitfield, Manager of Construction Purchasing, or Leslie Powers, Construction Purchasing Associate. They will be glad to assist you to make your furniture buying experience pleasant and efficient.
PDC Purchasing LINKS and FORMS:
- 3.5101 WKU PURCHASING POLICY
- PDC PURCHASE ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WKU JOB ORDER CONTRACT LIST
- SMALL CONSTRUCTION GUIDELINES
- CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION GUIDELINES
- WKU TAX EXEMPT CERTIFICATE
- WKU PLANROOM
- KRS 45.A
- A QUICK GUIDE TO PURCHASING
- REQUEST FOR TAXPAYER ID (FORM W-9)
- BACK TO MAIN PURCHASING PAGE
- FURNITURE VENDOR LIST
Planning, Design & Construction Parking Structure #1, Room 134 Western Kentucky University 1906 College Heights Blvd. #21091 Bowling Green, KY 42101-1091 Office: 270-745-8708 Fax: 270-745-2126 E-mail: PDC@wku.edu
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,