Skip to main content
Western Kentucky University

WKU Owensboro Application Checklist


Step One:

  • Make an appointment with an advisor to ensure you are ready to apply.

    • Call (270) 684-9797 or stop by our office to schedule an appointment. WKU Owensboro advisors can evaluate previous course work and help you determine the best bachelor’s degree for you.
    • Bring an unofficial copy of all school transcripts to your appointment. If you have attended multiple institutions, be sure to bring transcripts from each college or university.

Step Two:

  • Fill out an admissions application online at Please call (270) 684-9797 for help on applying.

     Students pursuing a bachelor's degree will select the "Domestic and International" application even if they have taken WKU classes in the past.

     To create a log-in account for the application, click on the blue text that says "Application Account Creation"

    If applying for Joint Admissions:

    Answer "Yes" to the first question to populate an application for a degree-seeking student.  On the first page of the application, please answer the question "If applying for joint enrollment, please select the participating school" by selecting your current community college from the drop-down box. After selecting your current school, enter your KCTCS ID number in the next empty box.

    The application fee will be waived for Joint Admissions students with a semester (12 credit hours) or more of community college coursework remaining to complete their academic plan.  Contact a WKU Owensboro advisor to see if you are eligible for Joint Admissions.  


Step Three:

Send all transcripts from prior institutions to WKU (main campus). 

  • How do I get official transcripts from other schools?
    • Owensboro Community & Technical College - START Center or online through "Student Records"

    • Henderson Community College - START Center or online through "Records"

    • Hopkinsville Community College - Admissions/Records counter or online through "Admissions & Records"

    • Madisonville Community College - Admissions/Records office or online through "Admissions/Records"

  • Where do I mail my official transcripts?
Office of Admissions
Western Kentucky University

1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1020

Step Four:

  • Meet with an advisor to enroll in courses.  Call (270) 684-9797 to schedule an appointment. 

  • Frequently check your WKU email.  Your bill will be sent to your WKU e-mail and WKU teachers and staff often use your e-mail to notify you of schedule changes and important events.

  • Familiarize yourself with the WKU-O website.  There is a lot of important information on the WKU Owensboro website.

For questions, please call (270) 684-9797 or email Charlotte Dixon, Ashley Sorce, or Hannah King.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/25/14