Creating New Content
- New Folder
- New Page
- Video: Creating Files
- Upload Files
- Video: Uploading
- Zip Import
- Video: Zip Import
File and Folder Operations
- Compare Files
- Copy Files
- Delete Folders
- Drag and Drop
- Expire Files
- View Logs on Files
- Move Files and Folders
- Video: Moving Files and Folders
- Recycle Bin
- Video: Recycling
- Rename Files and Folders
- Video: Rename Files and Folders
- Revert Files
- Video: Revert Files
- File Versions
- Multi-Browser Viewing
Still Need Help?
The Versions screen includes the ability to revert to a previous version of a page. Revert enables any previously published version of a page or include file to be restored. Revert is available on the Versions screen, which shows a list of versions of a page. The Versions screen can be accessed from the folder structure or from the Preview or Edit screen of a checked out page. Reverting a page makes the chosen revision the version that is available for editing on the staging server. It must be published to become the production version.
Reverting to a Version
- Navigate to the Versions menu for a page by one of the following:
- From the Versions screen, hover over the menu bar for the desired version and click
If desired, a user may also hover over the file and click View to preview that version of the page in preview or source mode. A user may also preview the page once already in the revert confirmation dialog.
- The confirmation dialog is shown. A user may preview the selected version by clicking the linked revision number in the dialog, or a user may revert immediately without preview.
- Click Revert. The success message shows to which version the page was reverted.
- Check out to edit or publish the page as necessary.
Note: The page must be published to the production web server to make it live on the World Wide Web. Should the user or individual page require approval, it will be passed along the intended approval path before it can be published.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,