Creating New Content
- New Folder
- New Page
- Video: Creating Files
- Upload Files
- Video: Uploading
- Zip Import
- Video: Zip Import
File and Folder Operations
- Compare Files
- Copy Files
- Delete Folders
- Drag and Drop
- Expire Files
- View Logs on Files
- Move Files and Folders
- Video: Moving Files and Folders
- Recycle Bin
- Video: Recycling
- Rename Files and Folders
- Video: Rename Files and Folders
- Revert Files
- Video: Revert Files
- File Versions
- Multi-Browser Viewing
Still Need Help?
Creating a New Folder Overview
A new folder can be created by using the drop-down indicator next to the New button within Content > Pages. Folders can be created to contain binary files, such as images and PDFs.
After the new folder has been created, its access settings may be modified. By default, the folder inherits the access settings from the directory it is created in.
Creating a New Folder
The drop-down indicator button is the only way to create a new folder. A user cannot create a new folder by using the New button. The drop-down indicator reveals a menu within the directory structure. This menu contains the option for creating a new folder. To Create a new folder:
- Navigate to the section where the new folder will be created.
- Click the drop-down indicator next to the New button from within the folder structure.
- Select Folder. Do not create a new folder by creating a new section. Folders should only be used to create binary containment folder (e.g., images, files, PDFs).
- This folder must be named to save the folder. Rename the folder and hit Enter.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,