Creating New Content
- New Folder
- New Page
- Video: Creating Files
- Upload Files
- Video: Uploading
- Zip Import
- Video: Zip Import
File and Folder Operations
- Compare Files
- Copy Files
- Delete Folders
- Drag and Drop
- Expire Files
- View Logs on Files
- Move Files and Folders
- Video: Moving Files and Folders
- Recycle Bin
- Video: Recycling
- Rename Files and Folders
- Video: Rename Files and Folders
- Revert Files
- Video: Revert Files
- File Versions
- Multi-Browser Viewing
Still Need Help?
Page Actions Overview
When in edit or preview mode whether the page is checked out to the current user or not, or when editing a page within the WYSIWYG Editor, several utilities are available at the top of the screen in the form of the Page Actions toolbar. The available actions differ depending upon page status, access settings, and other configuration options.
The Page Actions toolbar can include the following functionality:
- Preview: Displays the page in preview mode, which includes the selection of output type; for example, HTML or PDF, and makes available the server choice drop-down.
- Edit: Displays the page in edit mode, which includes editable regions. Checking out the page shows additional utilities.
- Properties: Properties provides access to editing various other page items. A page or file must be checked out to view or update parameters. Once clicked, the menu items under Properties include the functionality for Parameters, MultiEdit Content, RSS, Analytics, Access, and the Log, as applicable.
- Versions: Used to view the committed versions of the page; available when checked out to the current user.
- Page Check: If configured, clicking the Page Check icon displays the Page Check dialog with the ability to run any available page checks; available when the page is checked out to the current user.
- Save Version: Allows for the user to save a version of the current page, which is a useful action to perform before other actions such as a find and replace; available when the page is checked out to the current user.
- Check Out/In/Lock: Allows for a page to be checked out by the current user or, if checked out to the current user, the current user can check the page back in. If the page is checked out to another user, a lock is shown.
- Publish: After choosing an editable region and editing the page, the Publish button is available once the page is saved. The split button for publishing includes access to the Publish dialog and its functionality as well as the available actions associated with a publish. These include Schedule, Submit for Approval, and Expire.
Example of Page Actions Toolbar (Preview Mode and Checked Out)
Example of Page Actions Toolbar (Preview Mode and Checked In)
Example of File Actions Toolbar for an Image (Edit Mode and Checked In)
Example of Page Actions Toolbar (Preview Mode and Publish Scheduled)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,