- Interface Overview
- Video: Dashboard
- Logging In
- Video: Logging In
- Main Navigation
- Quick Search
- WYSIWYG Editor
Still Need Help?
Quick Search Overview
A search tool is provided that searches the content of pages within the Pages list view (Content > Pages) of a site. The Quick Search does not include source code, but does include the text, meta data, and file names of text documents as well as the file names of binary files. If a global modification needs to be performed that includes the replacement of content, or code needs to be searched, the global Find and Replace option can be used, which is available to Level 10 administrators as Quick Search is not suitable for code or regex searches.
The Quick Search field in the Pages list view acts in a similar fashion as the Filter tool when first entering text; that is, the list is filtered. However, the content search can be initiated by pressing enter after entering text. The full-site content search can also be initiated by entering the text and then selecting Search Entire Site (default) from the drop-down.
The drop-down accessible from within the Quick Search feature includes an Advanced Search option.
The entire site can be searched and advanced search options are also available. Type the string to search for into the search box and click the search icon or press Enter. Included with Quick Search are Advanced Search and Last Search.
Assets themselves are not searched, but the text of an asset that is included on a subscribing page is searched.
Additionally, Advanced Search allows users to further define criteria for search based on page title, meta data, and limit search results based on access or current position in the folder structure.
Using Quick Search
- From any directory withing the Pages list view, enter the text to be search for.
- Press Enter to start the search.
- To clear the search term, press the Delete icon.
The Advanced Search option includes specific delimiters and Boolean options that may be used. These include Page Path, Title, Keywords, Description, Other Meta, and Content. The search parameters may also be used to limit access to the current folder level and below and to the current user.
By utilizing the Advanced Search option, it is possible to easily incorporate multiple criteria into the search without having to know the syntax, as well as to limit the search locations. Additionally, the Last Search link can be used to recall the last search used and the results that it provides.
- To include additional search criteria without having to know the appropriate syntax to enter into the Quick Search, click the Advanced Search option.
- Enter in the criteria to be searched making sure to make AND/OR selections appropriately:
- Content: This searches the actual page content.
- Path: Define the path where the expected content is to be found. A wildcard can be used to search folders within the defined path.
- Title: This searches the meta tags for the page titles.
- Description: This searches the meta tags for the pages’ descriptions.
- Keywords: This searches the meta tags for pages′ keywords and phrases.
- Other Meta: If other meta information is defined on pages being searched, this searches in those meta tags.
- Limit Search To Current Folder and Below: This excludes any folders above the folder in which the user is currently located.
- Only Pages I Can Access: This limits the search to any pages that are accessible to the user.
Search results in all cases are displayed when search is completed. When using the Quick Search this requires the user to press Enter to display the results. The Search Results list view includes:
- The number search results found
- The content searched for
- The ability to Export to CSV
- Go to Folder
The list can be sorted by clicking one of the column headers: Path, Last Saved, or Relevancy.
- Navigate to the parent folder of a file listed in the search result by hovering in the Options column next to the search result. Click Go to Folder.
- View the page preview by hovering in the Options column next to the search result. Click Preview. Additionally, a preview may be seen by directly clicking on the page path in the Path column.
- To export the entire search query into an editable spreadsheet, click Export CSV. The exported file includes the search query, number of files found, path, date of last save, and score from the search algorithm.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,