Sub Sites for Top and Hybrid Templates
Users now have the ability to create a folder that uses it's own left navigation. You will have this ability with both a Top Nav template family and the Hybrid Nav template family. If you have a Top Nav site you must first email firstname.lastname@example.org and request this ability.
In order to use a different left navigation for a particular folder please follow the instructions below.
- Within the root of your site create a new folder.
- Copy the current nav_left.inc file from the root of your site to the newly created folder.
- Publish the newly copied nav_left.inc file.
- If you want a different breadcrumb in your new folder repeat steps 2 and 3 with your breadcrumb.inc file.
- If you would like a new image slider on the index page of that folder repeat steps 2 and 3 with your index.pcf and slider.inc files.
- If you added the nav_left.inc file or breadcrumb.inc file after you have already published files in that folder you will have to re-publish all of those files in order to associate them with the new files. After you re-publish them once you will not need to re-publish every time you make a change to your breadcrumbs or nav_left file.
- If you want to limit the breadcrumbs, slider and navigation file to site manager access only you will need to change the permission on the file. From list view click on the access icon . You should change the group on that to be aab_GROUPNAME_sm, where GROUPNAME is the folder name.
Caveats to Sub-Sites this way
- Hybrid sites you create yourself cannot have sub-directories within it. Actually, they can, but they won't see the proper left navigation or breadcrumb. If you need sub-directories within a hybrid site you create, let us know and we can do some things on our end to make that work for you.
- You should educate the people in your area who have access to your site about how to create 'sub-sites'....especially those with Top Nav sites. Using the Hybrid Nav templates in a Top Nav site will result in broken pages if the folder does not contain a nav_left.inc file.
- If you need a staff folder for the sub-site you will still need to email email@example.com and request it.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help