Homepage Slider Images
Presently, the slider image gallery is only available for the Homepage. There is a lot of flexibility with this gallery. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Image Information
You can turn your slider on and off in the page properties of you homepage (index.pcf).
The images within the gallery need to be the same size. If they are not all the same size, you will be able to see the bigger images throughout the rotation. Making the image too small may cause some browsers to display no image at all. Below are the standard sizes based on your selected template family:
- Hybrid Nav Family: 740px wide by 330px in height
- Left Nav Family: 740px wide by 330px in height
- Top Nav Family: 950px wide by 350px in height
If you hover your mouse over an image, the rotation will pause until you move your mouse off the image. Users also have the ability to advance to another image more quickly by clicking on the circles below the slider or by clicking the arrows that appear when you hover over an image.
Modifying Image Slider
- You can modify your slider in the slider.pcf file. If you click on the slider.pcf
file and it brings up a lot of XML code, please check out the file (if not done already)
and click on the Edit Propertiesicon from the Page List view or props button from the Split Screen view.
- Path: Images must be uploaded ahead of time. Please click on "Select a file..." under
the Image Path. You must select an image. You will not be able to type in the image
name. To view the images you have uploaded, you will need to switch to production.
- Caption Title: This will appear on the top line of the Image Caption. The text will appear in Bold. (Please Note: If you do not have a Caption Title or a Caption Description, the Gray Caption will not appear.)
- Caption Description: This will appear on the bottom line of the Image Caption. (Please Note: If you do not have a Caption Title or a Caption Description, the Gray Caption will not appear.)
- Alt Tag: An alt tag is required for ADA Compliance.
- Link: If you want the image to link to a different location, you can enter a link in this
- The link will need to start with http:// or https://.
- If there is an ampersand (&) in the URL
(http://www.wku.edu/funnymonkeys/index.php?id=1&type=S), it will need to be entered with an & instead of just an &. For example, the above URL will need to be entered as (http://www.wku.edu/funnymonkeys/index.php?id=1&type=S).
This will need to be modified every time you save the sliders.pcf file. If you do not replace the & with & you will get the following error message. When you receive this message, go back into page properties and correct your link.
- Active Checkbox: If the Active Checkbox is selected, the entered image will be displayed. If there is not an image entered, do not check the Active Checkbox.
- After you edit the images, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button. Then, publish the slider.pcf file.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help