Revert allows you to restore any previously published version of a page, or include a file, that could affect multiple pages.
Every time you publish a page, OU Campus creates a copy of the page, a version stored in a special way that allows you to "revert". To view the list of all versions of a page, check out the page, and click the revert icon.
A list of previous versions are numbered, dated, and if a message was left at the time the page was published, these messages are listed as well. Representative icons indicate whether the version was created by a standard "publish" action, or by a scheduled publish action, or through a manual "Back Up" action.
Step By Step Guide
- After checking out the desired file, you can revert two different ways. The first
way you can revert is on the Page List View with the Revert icon . The second way you can revert is from the Split Pane View. Just click on the Revert button. (Please Note: If the file is not checked out you will not see the revert option in either location).
- Once you are on the Revert screen, you have a couple of different options.
- You can preview every version with the Preview icon . (Please Note: This will open in another window or tab.)
- You can view the XML of each version with the Preview XML Source icon . (Please Note: This will open in another window or tab.)
- You can click on the Reversion number to revert back to that version. After hitting the version number just click "Yes".
- The selected version has now become the current version of the page on the staging server. You can now edit this page, or publish it to make it the live version on your website. (Please Note: After reverting a file, you still must publish the file to make it live on the production server. Should the user or individual file require approval, the file will be passed along the intended approval path before it can be published.)
- The Message on the Revert screen is the message that you enter when you publish the file.
- Other Icons on the Revert screen:
- Version was saved on Publish
- Version was saved on Backup
- Version was saved on a Global Find and Replace. Only Administrators have the ability to do this. (Please Note: Please do not revert to a version prior to this icon. If you see this icon, IT probably made a fundamental change to the templates.)
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Changing Templates
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,