Removing and Restoring Files
There are two ways to remove a file using OU Campus. You can either delete a file or recycle a file.
If a file has been removed and was recycled, it can be recovered. For this reason, please use the Recycle Feature where available.
Please watch one of the video tutorials below or download the PDF of Step By Step Guide for further assistance.
- Renaming, Recycling and Reverting Pages in OU Campus
- Creating and Deleting Files and Folder in OU Campus
Step By Step Guide
- After logging in, click on the Content > Pages tab and identify the file/folder you’d like to delete.
- Click on the Delete or Recycle Icon associated with the file/folder.
- Any deletion done with the Delete icon cannot be undone.
- Individual files can be backed up in a recycle bin, instead of deleted, by using the Recycle Bin icon . Folders cannot be recycled.
- Deleting Files/Folders will remove them from the Staging and Production Servers
- If you delete a Folder it will delete everything under that folder.
- To recycle multiple files simultaneously, check the appropriate checkboxes next to
each file in the left most column. Then, click the Recycle icon at the top of the list.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking OK, and your files/folders will all be deleted.
Restoring a File:
- If you need to restore a deleted file, click on the Restore icon shown below. You will be able to restore files to which you have access. However,
you will be able to see all files that have been recycled. (Please Note: This is for files only. No folders can be restored.) Files deleted from the production
server, including images, PDFs, and other files that do not have a direct counterpart
on the staging server, are deleted permanently and are not recoverable,
- Once you have located the file you would like to restore, click the Restore icon for
that file. It will be placed in its original location. This will restore the permissions
and version history. You must publish it to get it back on the production server.
(Please Note: You will not have the ability to empty the recycle bin)
- If you want to restore a file from the recycle bin that shares the same name as a file on the staging server in the same directory path, you will be warned that you must move, rename, or recycle the file before restoring the original.
- Multiple files of the same name and path can be sent to the Recycle Bin. The files will be listed in the recycle bin with a -# (file-1.ext, file-2.ext, etc.) appended to the subsequent files.
- To Exit the Recycle Bin, click on the Exit Recycle Bin Icon
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help