Page Properties (Meta Information and Title Bar)
For the vast majority of your pages the page properties is where you go to update your Meta Information for SEO purposes and change the Title information. But, page properties are different for various type of files. This guide will cover any pages created within OU Campus.
There are a few pages that do not use page properties, or do not use page properties in the manor described on this page. The breadcrumbs.inc, top_nav.pcf and left_nav.pcf do not have any page properties. The slider.pcf does have page properties used to create the image slider - please visit our slider's page for more information on modifying the slider.pcf page properties.
You can get to the page properties one of two ways:
- To access Page Properties, you must first check out the page with the checkout button . See our tutorial on the Check In / Check Out Feature for more information about checking out pages.
- From the Page List view click on the page properties icon .
- From the Preview view click on the Page Properties button for a given page after checking out the file.
- After modifying Page Properties, be sure to click the Save button at the bottom of the page and then Publish your page.
Description of Page Properties
- Title: This is the Browser Bar title. It is found at the top of the browsers and is commonly used as default bookmark text. This will also display as the bold link in searches. For SEO purposes this should be limited to 70 characters.
- Page Title: Displays in the Gray bar on the page. H1 tags are around this information.
- Slide Show is: Only for the homepage's of sites (index.pcf). If this is changed to Turned On the slider will display on your homepage.
- Keywords: Enter your keywords here for SEO purposes. This should be a comma separated list of words relevant to the page.
- Description: When someone sees your page from a search this is what will display below the bold text. For SEO purposes, the description should be limited to 155 characters
- Author: The most common format is to insert the name of the person or organization and a contact email address. This will essentially define who the responsible party is for any given page. Does not benefit SEO at all.
- Responsive Layout: Determines whether or not your page responds to browser size. Choose yes (default) to allow your page to change as the browser window gets smaller. For more information, view our responsive design page.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Changing Templates
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help