This tutorial will show you how to manage your news pages.
Components of News
Click any component below for tutorials involving that area.
News pages have 4 main components: settings, categories, articles, and subscriptions.
Settings allow you to change some of the parameters of your news page. For example, you can choose the number of articles to display, whether or not you want article summaries to appear, and much more.
Each news page must have at least one category. By default, your news page will be setup with a category named "General". You may rename this category as you see fit. If your news page only has one category, the front-end news page on your website will not display the "Category View" section.
Your news page may have an unlimited number of articles. Each article must be associated with at least one category.
News subscriptions allow your news page to subscribe to other news pages. This will make the articles (and categories) from the news page you are subscribing to show up in your news page. You may subscribe to news pages that you do not have access to, but subscribing does not give you access to modify those articles. Your news page may have any number of subscriptions to other news pages.
Permissions to Access to News Pages
A news page must be requested by the Main Site Contact and that person should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request their news page(s). Permission for users to access new pages should also be placed by the Main Site Contact. But, access to news pages is controlled separately than access to OU Campus - so if additional people would like to receive access to modify articles for your news page, a request should be made by the Main Site Contact for your site, or the Department Head/Dean/Director of your department.
When requesting a news page for the first time, please provide the following information:
- The address of your website
- The current folder in your website where you would like the news folder and pages placed
- The email addresses of the people who need to be able to manage the news and it's components
Step-by-Step Guide to Accessing News Pages
- You can login to the OU Add-Ons App in one of two ways. First, you can access the
OU Add-Ons App through the Add-Ons tab within OU Campus. You will be required to
login to the OU Add-Ons App with your NetID username and password even after logging
into OU Campus.
Alternatively, you can logon to the OU Add-Ons App by going to the following URL: http://www.wku.edu/apps/ouaddons and logging in with your NetID username and password.
- Click on the News Icon from the home page or by clicking on News Pages under OU Campus in the top menu.
- You should now see a list of news pages you have access to manage. From here you
can click on the icons to Manage Categories, Manage Subscriptions, Manage Articles,
or edit the News Page name. Please see the components section at the top of this
page for an explanation of how to use each of these areas.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Changing Templates
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help