Adding / Modifying a Link
Adding a link has been simplified with the WYSIWYG editor.
For more information, please view PDF of Step By Step Guide.
Step By Step Guide
- Type the link text and highlight it using the mouse.
- Click the chain iconon the toolbar. This will open a dialog box.
- To create a link to another page on your website, click the button to the right of the Link URL field and follow the instruction below (skip to Step 6).
- To create a link to an external site, type in the site’s address including http:// (e.g., http://www.google.com).
- Click Insert to finish.
- If you want to create a link to another page or documentation on your site, make sure
you know exactly where it is before you start. When you click the Browse button next to the Link URL field, you will open a list of folders and files. You will use these folders to navigate
through the directories.
- Click the folders or use the Location hyperlinks at the top of the dialog box to navigate.
- Click Select File to choose a file. If you are linking to an index.php (index.pcf file within OU Campus),
select the folder and click Select Folder. The file lists appears. Choose your desired file.
- Make sure you enter a Title that describes what you are linking to.
- Click Insert to finish.
Editing / Removing an Existing Link
- Click on the link in the text that requires changing.
- To modify a link, click the chain iconin the toolbar. Follow the instructions to add a link above.
- To delete a link, click the icon of the broken chain in the toolbar.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Changing Templates
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,