Editing a Page within OU Campus
What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) is the most common way users edit pages in OU Campus. The WYSIWYG editor allows for a familiar experience of editing a page in a word processor.
Step By Step Guide
- If you do not see an edit button or something similar after logging in, you will need to click the edit button on the top of the split screen view.
- Once you are in Edit Mode, you can click on the appropriate edit button to open the
- You can use the icons in the menu bar just as you would in Word documents.
- Make your changes by typing on the page, or paste in text you previously copied.
If you do copy text into the WYSIWYG editor, you will have to use the CTRL+V (CMD + V for Macs) shortcut from the keyboard twice or use the Paste as Plain Text button . The first CTRL+V (CMD + V for Macs) will bring up a text area. The second CTRL+V (CMD + V for Macs) will allow you to paste the text in text area. (Please Note: If you are using Firefox, you will not be able to use the Paste button through the
WYSIWYG, so you will have to use CTRL+V (CMD + V for Macs) shortcut).
- Click the Save Button in the WYSIWYG editor.
- To use the “Save in Place” feature, use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + S (CMD + S for Mac). This saves a copy of your work and allows you to continue working. The circle
graphic indicates the page is being saved.
- The Auto Draft feature is another save capability. Periodically, the Auto Draft icon will spin. This is the Auto Draft feature running in the background to save a draft. To recover a draft after a crash, click on the Auto Draft icon to restore. (Please Note: An automatic time interval saves a draft of the current page onto your local workstation. If the browser quits or the user inadvertently closes the browser before saving a page, the content can be recovered up to 24 hours later.)
- If you choose, you can use the Page Check feature to check spelling, links, and validation for the desired page. You can do this from the Page List view by clicking on the check icon or from the Split Screen view by clicking the Page Check icon.
- Choose available checks from the list by clicking on the green arrow icon next to
- If you are done working on the file, please remember to publish, send the file to someone for approval, or check back in the file.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help