Dependency Manager is a service that manages links in files to other pages or directories under management of OU Campus™. Dependency Manager will maintain the correct link association when files or directories are moved or renamed. All the files that link to a moved or renamed file or directory will be automatically republished to maintain the correct link. In the case of deleting a directory or file, the Dependency Manager will create a Fix Dependencies notification under the Dashboard Tab.
Dependency Manager does not track binaries (e.g. images, documents, pdf's). Therefore, if these are moved or renamed, the linked pages will need to be updated manually, it will not automatically update them.
Linking to a Page - very important!
When linking to a page you must now navigate to the page through the link admin as shown on the self-help page. If you just type a URL into the Link URL field it will not associate that page with that page dependency. It is OK to just paste a URL into the Link URL field if it is not within OU Campus.
The links will now look like the image below. It will no longer have the URL within the Link URL field. The same thing goes for HTML view. You will no longer see the URL but you will see the dependency tag instead within the href. File dependency tags will look similar to ***BrokenLink***, while Directory Dependency tags will look similar to ***BrokenLink***.
If you do change the rename or move a file or directory when you go to rename the file or folder you will receive a notification letting you know that any files associated with that file will need to be re-published. Only the published versions will be re-published and the only change to those files will be the link change.
- Dependency Manager does not keep up with binary files such as Images or PDF's
- Dependent Links can not be added to Assets. If a links is in an Asset, that link will need to be manually updated if the linked file's name has been changed or moved. You will not be able to manually add a Dependency Tag.
- Dependency Manager's links are case sensitive.
- Dependency Manager can only keep up with links that are within OUCampus. It will not keep up with links from external sources or non-oucampus wku links.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help