Lifetime Experience Grant Program
Summer and Fall 2013 Deadline Extended: Applications due Monday, March 25
The Lifetime Experience Grant program, funded with the generous support of the WKU Sisterhood, is open to students in all majors across all campuses. It is designed to help students become more competitive for national scholarships by supporting research, international study, creative activities, student-led engagement efforts, or other scholarly activities. Recipients must meet with an adviser in the Office of Scholar Development and apply for a national or international scholarship. Additionally, students must present their projects at the WKU Student Research Conference or another appropriate venue. Students may apply for up to $3,000. Applicants wishing to use the funds for Winter or Spring 2013 must apply by November 30, 2012. Applicants wishing to use the funds for Summer or Fall 2013 must apply by March 15, 2013.
- Must be enrolled at WKU with at least one full semester left to complete
- Must have a 3.5 GPA
- Must be planning to apply for a nationally competitive scholarship
Complete applications include the proposal coversheet, a proposal narrative, a budget, and one faculty evaluation. Applicants should email the coversheet, proposal narrative, and budget as a single attachment to email@example.com. Faculty evaluators should email the evaluation form to the same address.
Proposal Narrative: Write a one-page detailed proposal narrative (at least 11-point font) that includes the following information: the objectives of the project, approach or methodology, expected results, and significance.
- The Objectives of the Project: In a few sentences provide an overview of your project accessible to a general reader.
- Approach (Methodology): Describe the overall approach you will take. Explain what you intend to do and how you intend to do it.
- Expected Results: What do you expect to produce, learn or create?
- Significance: Describe the significance or value of your project.