Prior to AdmissionAbout WKU
Distance Learning Options
Is Distance Learning for me?
Get EnrolledApply for Admission
Find Your Courses
Register & Set-Up Accounts
Learning OnlineUsing Blackboard
Welcome Online Learners
Thank you for visiting the Orientation for Online Learners at WKU! Whether you're a new student or interested in learning more about learning online, this orientation can help you connect with the resources you need! It is designed to help you:
- Gain a better understanding of Distance Learning as a whole
- Understand the process of enrolling in a distance course
- Become familiar with Blackboard (software used to deliver online courses at WKU)
- Learn new strategies for success in an online environment
- Get acquainted with support available for distance learners at WKU
Curious about Blackboard?
Be our guest! Experience the look and feel of Blackboard first hand by logging in as a guest with the information below:
Undergraduate Students: Sign-in using Guest ID: guest.chawks, Password: 1student. Once you have signed in, click on Orientation for Online Learners in the right hand column.
Graduate Students: Sign-in using Guest ID: guest.student, Password: 1student. Once you have signed in, click on Graduate Student Orientation in the right hand column.
This orientation contains 5 main sections, and 22 subsections. You can expect to learn everything from how to apply, register for your courses and set-up your accounts to how to use Blackboard, how to set-up proctored exams and use library resources. All sections and topics are shown on the left menu.
• Prospective students should start with the first section of the orientation titled "Prior to Admission" and proceed to About WKU.
• Current students should start with section two titled "Get Enrolled" and proceed to Finding Your Courses.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,