- Course credit for military experience and training.
- A dedicated Military Programs Counselor who specializes in assisting Active Duty service members.
- A Special Tuition Rate for Active Duty service members from all branches: $250 per credit hour for undergraduate and graduate courses.
- A Textbooks for Troops program for military students who do not receive a book stipend. Check out a textbook for an entire semester, then return it for another student to use.
- A Veterans Resource Center staffed by veterans who can assist you with your questions, help you prepare for CLEP exams, guide you through the GoArmyEd steps for your federal TA, connect you with campus services such as counseling, and many other programs.
- A military listserv to notify you of special events, discounts, scholarships, and news. Sign Up Here: lists.wku.edu/mailman/listinfo/wku-military
- A Student Veterans Alliance at www.wku.edu/sva
- The only Veterans Upward Bound program in the state of Kentucky: www.wku.edu/vub
- A Vet-2-Vet Peer Mentorship Program for new incoming veterans.
- A Veterans Affairs Office for processing Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) educational benefits. Located at: Potter Hall 317.
- Recognition Cords for Military and Veterans graduating from WKU.
- An Acquired Brain Injury Resource Program dedicated to helping those with traumatic brain injury and PTSD stay in school, be successful in the classroom, and to offer information about recovery from brain injury. For more information contact: Dr. Richard Dressler at (270) 745-2520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wounded Warrior therapy programs: Interacting with horses has proven to be beneficial both emotional and physically. Free horseback riding sessions are available to qualified veterans.