The EMHA program was designed for professionals working in the healthcare field. There are two options for admission to this program:
- Applicants with 5+ years experience in healthcare who otherwise meet university admission criteria in the application for the MHA program are qualified for admission and are not required to take the GRE.
- Applicants with less than 5 years experience in healthcare: Interviews shall be conducted on a case-by-case basis in the admission decision of healthcare professionals with less than five years of work experience to gather evidence of achievements and success in healthcare position(s) held.
There is no Graduate Record Examination (GRE) requirement for applicants who meet Executive MHA admission criteria.
- The first stage includes submission of application materials to the Executive MHA Program.
- The second stage of the application requires submission of materials for admission into The Graduate School, Western Kentucky University. Only applications that have fulfilled application requirements for both EMHA Program and The Graduate School will be considered complete.
Part 1: Materials to be submitted to the EMHA Program
(1) Completed and (Electronically) Signed Executive MHA Application and Prerequisite Course Worksheet The application should be submitted electronically by clicking the "Submit Form" button located on the top right hand corner of the PDF file.
(2) Current resume with details of positions held and a personal statement should attached to this email: Resume and Personal Statement
(3) Two letters of reference from immediate supervisors in the two most recent positions held should be sent to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 2: Materials to be submitted to the WKU Graduate School Office
If determined eligible for EMHA after a review of materials under Part 1, the applicant shall be required to:
(1) Apply to the WKU Graduate School: http://www.wku.edu/graduate/ Click on APPLY NOW
(2) Submit official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
(3) Pay The Graduate School Application Fee
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,