The Online MBA option, WKU Connect, can be a part-time or full-time program allowing working students to take up to 3-12 hours per semester.
The admission process for the MBA program at Western Kentucky University involves the following steps and requirements*:
- Completion of graduate application form, a current resume with two references listed, submission of an official undergraduate degree transcript from each university attended and an official copy of a GMAT score taken within the last five years.
- Applicants seeking admission must meet the following criteria: Minimum undergraduate overall grade point average(GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, a minimum overall GMAT score of 500, and a written GMAT score of 3.5.
- Applicants for the Professional MBA option may use substantial professional work experience ( five years minimum of professional or mid to upper level management experience) to substitute for other admission criteria
- Applicants who have limited prior academic background in basic business are required
to demonstrate proficiency in eight major areas by:
- Successfully completing one or more preparatory courses as specified by the MBA Director, OR
- Successfully completing BA 502 MBA Foundation Modules, OR
- Successfully completing one or more core area proficiency exams( fees required).
*These minimum requirements establish eligibility for admission, but do not guarantee acceptance
Applications must be completed online on the Graduate School website under the Prospective Students Tab(http://www.wku.edu/graduate/prospective_students ). Please submit all other admission materials to the Office of Graduate Studies via email(firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to the below address:
Office of Graduate Studies,
Western Kentucky University,
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11010
Bowling Green KY 42101-1010
Please Note: International students have a somewhat different application since international admissions require additional coordination and interpretation of materials which are often in a foreign language. Admission deadlines are also earlier for this reason
Fall Application Deadline (applies to Full-time, Professional, and Online options):
Domestic students, March 15*
International Students: March 1
Spring Application Deadline (applies only to the Online MBA option):
Domestic students, October 15*
International students, October 1
We cannot process your application until you have furnished ALL of the information above required for admission to MBA option you have selected. This includes your official GMAT scores and transcripts.
*We have flexibility in Online admissions due to the nature of the course offerings. Feel free to contact our office anytime about Online seat availability if the above deadlines have passed.
Domestic (US) Students: Fill out the Online Admission Application.
International Students: International students have a different application process due to international student admissions requiring additional coordination and interpretation of materials which are often in a foreign language. Admission deadlines are also earlier for this reason. Visit the Graduate School website for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and language information.